This article includes information about how young people with mental health conditions can prepare going into college. Many of them have been in some sort of therapy, take one or more medications, and receive support services through their high school, from private tutors and/ or other agencies. Planning ahead for their ongoing mental health needs and academic support needs should be part of the college application process and should begin long before they step onto campus.
- Preparing for the transition: middle school and high school years
- Preparing for the transition: beginning the college search process
- Learning about mental health resources on/near campus
- Establishing your treatment team
- Helpful transition tools
- Obstacles to treatment on campus
- Health promotion on campus