Wellness in the Classroom: Implementation Webinar – Best Practices for addressing trauma, self-care, social problem solving and suicide prevention
Monday, March 21, 2022 | 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
As the pandemic and other conditions continue to place stress on youth and young adults in the classroom, it’s essential to have innovative tools for connecting with and supporting students. Educators can address student mental health and need for referral in the classroom without additional training if they know how to observe the signs of distress. The purpose of this webinar is to share resources and strategies for supporting students showing signs and symptoms of trauma, suicide ideation, and social/emotional distress. Self-care techniques for educators will also be shared and case examples will be included.
We invite you to join us for this action-oriented session, which will feature customized, original tools developed by the Orange County Resource Directory specialists. This training will be led by subject matter experts Heidi Cisneros and Tina Rocha.
Featured Resources from the OC Resource Directory:
- The Other R’s in Education: Reconnecting, Reclaiming, & Reintegrating in Educational
- Spaces School-based Suicide Prevention Campaigns: A Step-by-Step Resource Guide
- Review the foundations and significant impact of trauma on students.
- Explore best-practices to address trauma, self-care, social problem solving, psychoeducation, relaxation, and activities for the classroom.
- Engage in facilitated teaming to move from concept to implementation to integrate learnings into practice.
- Learn skills and tools for supporting student wellness and aiding in suicide prevention in compliance with AB 2246, the Pupil Suicide Prevention Policy through the implementation of Suicide Prevention Campaigns.
This webinar is designed for school counselors, school social workers, school psychologists, mental health professionals and school administrators for K-12.