Strong Families, Strong Children (SFSC)
Source: Child Guidance Center/Families Forward/Human Options/Veterans Legal Institute/Children and Families Futures
Focus Populations: Military Families, Veterans
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Cost: No Cost
The Strong Families, Strong Children (SFSC) program, made up of five nonprofit partners, brings together a coordinated, community-based approach to serve Orange County veteran and military-connected families.
SFSC provides the following:
- Short-term Individual and Family Counseling Services (Telehealth during COVID-19)
- Housing Services (Rapid Re-Housing and more)
- Domestic Violence Services (Legal Advocacy, PEP, Counseling and more)
- Legal Services
- Financial Literacy Resources
- Employment/Education Support and Resources
- Veteran Benefits Support and Resources
- Referrals and Linkages for basic needs (food, clothing, transportation, etc.) and so much more!
Our nonprofit partners:
It is an innovative collaboration of agencies specializing in mental health (Child Guidance Center), domestic violence (Human Options), housing support and basic needs (Families Forward), veteran legal services (Veterans Legal Institute), and program evaluation (Children and Family Futures). SFSC is staffed with Clinical Case Managers and Peer Navigators, each with lived-military experience, who strive to help each family access specialty services that meet their unique needs. The mission of SFSC is to improve the health and well-being of veterans, military families, and children throughout Orange County by engaging the community, building resiliency, and creating safer, more stable home environments.
525 N. Cabrillo Park Dr., Suite 300
Santa Ana, CA 92701